Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday Snacktime!

I bake on Sundays. Sometimes it is as simple as a box of mixed muffins (Hannah prefers the chocolate, Hubby prefers the Orange Poppyseed and Matthew eats anything. But, usually I bake from scratch sometimes a Lemon Slice or Melting Moments, whatever it is it is usually consumed very quickly and usually mostly by Matthew! As much as we try and stop it, well......we all know it's Matthew! Today I baked Granny's Chocolate Chip biscuits. Granny is actually my sister in law Leanne's Mother and every one calls her Granny. Her biscuits are sooooooo devine that she would usually have my children (Matthew) begging his Aunt if her Mum would make some more for them (him). Leanne even made up both children a HUGE biscuit jar full of yummmmmo biscuits as part of their Christmas gifts last year. Needless to say that it went quickly with most of Hannah's being eaten by someone else (Matthew). There are now 3 trays of biscuits cooling in the kitchen being cooled down faster than usual by someone who keeps hovering them asking "can I have one, can I have one' yep....it's Matthew!! Hahahaha...he is shaking his head and laughing in disgust at what I have written here but, cannot speak as his mouth is full of fresh HOT biscuit......bless him!! So here is the recipe for granny's chocolate chip biscuits...(and when I usually make something that tells me I should have 25 of something and end up with less than that I am suprised...no where near as suprised as I was when I ended up with nearly 50 of these babies!! Yes, a recipe that makes something that last 2 days!!!)

Grannys' chocolate chip biscuits.

1.5 cups of self raising flour
.5 cups of plain flour
1 cup castor sugar
.5 cup brown sugar
180 g melted butter (I use 3/4 of the stick)
80 g milk choc buds
80 g white choc buds
80 g dark choc buds (I just use 240 of milk most times)
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 t of vailla essence

Preheat overn 180*C
In large bowl mix flours, sugars, stir in butter, chocolates, eggs, and vanilla
Roll into balls, flatten slightly, place about 4cm apart and bake 10-15 minutes.

YUMMMOOOO!!! Hope you enjoy them as much as we (Matthew) does!!!

PS: He did not even attempt to deny ANY of the information above!! Ahhh gotta love a growing boy!

No comments: